Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old graduate seeking Residency Chances - see_the_end
Hello everyone:
I will be very appreciative if someone advice me where to apply for my residency for first time. My credits as following :

USMLE Step 1.....75
USMLE Step 2.....75
Clinical skill........Pass
Year graduate....1992
Again I hope everyone a good luck to get into their residency.....
Any one has advice for me please.
Hey, it is difficult to match but not impossible. Every year there will be someone with low scores, graduate a hundred years ago still match. So don't hesitate just go ahead and apply. Wish you good luck.
You will never know your chances, ever. I am in the process of recommending 1 very potential resident with almost the same credentials & year of graduation into my program. I will let you know if he can get in.
If I were you, I will build a contact and let yourself known to the resident committee.
to badusmle:

I appreciate your advice, I never forget your favor if you truly recommend me to your program. Are you resident right now? Although I worked in many hospitals but it is difficult to build contacts . The hospital that I work in now accept only D.O not M.D.....

I need to try apply as much as less programs to save money and time...
Thanks to all in this forum & good luck
Do you know anyone personally who is in a program right now ? It helps if you know someone.
Hello IMG:

Thanks to all of you. I know there are many old grads like me are struggling to find a residency prog, so we need a generous advice from old grads who got accepted or at least had interview.

Thanks
Hi see_the_end,

I came back with a news.. Like I said before, I recommended 1 of my friends into my program, he's an old graduate with low scores, but great overall credentials.
After discussion, the attendings in my program won't call him for interview. I am a bit disappointed too Sad
I wish you luck in finding a residency position.
see_the_end:

I invite you to join our old imgs group. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=282293

We are a group started back in 2007. Many members have left due to various reasons but there are still some good information maybe helpful to you.
get a leta from pope then u will be in residency, nothing is impossible.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »