Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam on monday -advice please - usmlecs2
All those who passed.....got my exam on Monday at Atlanta ...any advice guyz... its nerve-wrecking
You will be fine

Just be precise with your questions, make sure you ask PAMHUGSFOSS, Precise with your PE and leave at least 3-4 min for counseling.

Good luck
thanks...i appreciate it
hi usmlecs2
make sure ur introduction is good,becos it will create the rappo between u and sp,like hello i am doctor ....i am going to b ur phys today...so look in to the paper pad in which u wrote sps last name casually and tell ,u r mr or miss ......immediately tell did i pronounce ur name correctly...wait for his ans...then ask r u comfortable sitting.....wait for ans and tell sp u will make him more comfortable by covering him withe drape\

i used this introduction and immediately most sps told thank u doc

wen pt tell the complaint ,tell him i am sorry to hear abt it...but its good that he came to hospital today ...tell him that he wll do everything to make him feel better

paraphrase at least 3 time ,by repeating wat he told...i mean the complaints and symptoms

if sp shows some faciall expression ,ask abt it...u can open himand make him talk
tell sorry wenever need and thank u most of time in physical exam
assist the patient in every part of physical exam...tell him watever u do...use layterms
summarise at end of history and ask if he had anyother thing to add
counsell immediatly..u wont forget at the end
after physical tell thanks for the coorperation....then do the closure...keep smilling now and ten wen needed
then tell u will do everything to make him feel better...ask for anyother question
write note by looking at the pt itself

if u r out of time
do emergency closure,by telling him that u r being called..my resident will come now and take care of u...i will get back to u asap

i did these and passed...wish u goodluck
thanks susanmle...hope i could follow very bit of what u said....i am only worried if i could be calm and composed to remember it all...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »