Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urgent help, please reply who has the experience - b4u
Hello there ,
i am in a complex situation and I want to get some advice about my situation. I am in a residency program ,started in july , now my family (spouse and kids ) are in other state far away from me,hardly I meet them in months, kids are very young and they are never been without me and spouse will never be able to move to my state. At the beginning I thought I will be strong enough to cope with this condition but gradually I am feeling very upset and can not concentrate to my work, kids are upset and crying, they cant tolerate my absence. Most of the time I am feeling guilty for their pain , so my question is ,is it possible that I can switch my residency to other program near my family lives , what is the future effect of ECFMG on me about switching or looking for other program in the middle of the year?

please advice me who has some experience, thanks in advance .
look this one
http://www.residentswap.org/residency_va...ummary.php
I am afraid to say, it would not look good. It will follow you for much of your career as you will have to explain why you transferred midyear...like when you apply for licenses, privileges, jobs.

I would try to hold out one year and transfer after the completion of your one-year contract...it looks a lot better and gives you time to obtain a good position closer to your family while giving your current program ample warning so as to obtain a replacement for your vacancy.

I wish I could be more supportive of a midyear transfer, but try as much as you can to hold out for the year...it will get better...I went through a similar thing and it was difficult but got better with time.

Good luck either way.
i too have a very similar situation and i wish i could swap but it seems hard, especially that i am doing ortho residency..if you find a solution to your problem, plz let me know..thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »