Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncertain mind!! Not sure what to do? - glipizide
I do understand that, aleeab! While I believe sarcasm is the last line of defence for a frustrated person, I always combat it with light hearted non invasive humour!! I do not expect a Canadian to understand that though; with as much intelligence as that of a Canadian, planet Mars would be the most befitting place for a sarcastic man anyway!!
I know few people with this dogma, i can tell you what they did----stay,get nationality and then go (even if it means 2-3 extra years-----untill and unless clinically active). I will personally never leave so close to it. It however depends a lot on personal circumstances. You need to keep your CV up while in UK though. Your situatin seems slightly different from my friends---as lot of my indian friends tell me you can nt hold dual nationality so by your post i assume you do not plan to go back to india and therefore you would like Green card, which is probably not that difficult as well------so why not go for that early. So answer is
Plan to settle in US----Leave now,
Plan to go back to india----Stay & get nationality
Plan to come back to UK---Stay
Plan, not sure-------Stay its only 1 extra year, rules are changing and you may not get this chance again.
P.S UK has been very kind to me and i would like to settle here permanently--thats my conflict of interest
Sorry if i confused you even further
Another thing which is probably safe to say----you are atleast 6 years post-grad (if you were on HSMP) so you are already out of 5 year cut-off, next is 7 year cut-off which is not that important. Thats what i feel
ait,
Thanks a lot, man! You didn't confuse me, I'm already confused! Your analysis is brilliant. I've done a check list quite similar to that. I love UK, & I do plan to come back here after residency and fellowship, apply through Article 14 and try to become a Consultant. I've UK experience and qualifications. But right now with the MMC porking I'll be a Staff Grade till death do us apart!! And yes, I'm old grad (2003). I'd prefer to stay back actually. I know this for certain that you can not hold dual citizenship of UK & India. Do you know if that is true for (1) UK & US or (2) US & India? Thanks again ,man and good luck!
How true! we all love UK but not what NHS/MMC has done to so many of us. If i can be so straightforward i'll say stay get nationality, then fellowship (if ST3 doesnot come your way by then) and come back to UK. I know so many of friends who had almost given up on ST3 then found one--so you can check your chances---------the friends i was talking about are 2001 and 2002 graduates, so you are not late in comparison. I feel its not only year of graduation but your responsibilities---family, children---so a decision has to be individualised. I do not think you can hold India, US Citizenship but i think you can hold US,UK together (totally, utterly anecdotal----so please confirm). Thanks for your wishes and good luck to you.
Lord be hold!

ait my brother,

why did you have to be so kind and nice !!

Are you all guys from this UK thingy so nice?

My peace be on earth.

ps. nissam's here babe.
do what your heart says my frnd
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »