Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
important questions!!!! - md420
i have two questions:

1). if i schedule an interview and then later decide not to go. is it ok if i write back an email and say that i am sorry and won't be able to make it?

2). if i don't include some of the places that interviewed me in my ROL, will they still include me in their list for the match.

please answer these two questions. i know they sound stupid, but please, your help will be appreciated!!
Okay I'll try:

1. You should always cancel your appointment if you're not going to attend so that you keep cordial relations with the program in case things ever change for you and you need to contact them again in the future.

2. If you interviewed with them, they will rank you, but if you don't rank them, it won't work.

I hope I answered your quuestions and understood you properly.
i really appreciate your help gurkhaboy. Thank you and God bless you!!
for ur second query-
pgms does not rank all the candidates they interviewed. They rank like 40 or so for 10 seats depending on how good or bad the pgm is. The better the pgm, shorter is the rank order list for them.

If u dnt rank the pgm u interviewed at, u can not match with them even if they ranked u at no.1 on their list.
NRMP advises that your ROL be as long as possible to maximise ur chances of matching. rank all programs you interviewed at
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »