Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now I've no regrets that I don't have USCE - drkkdb
thanks dear tobesurgeon !!

Yes, other specialties are tough and more competitive !! They require USCE !!
Congrats !! but i am starting to freak out Sad i have an attempt in step 1 but rest in first attempt and dint receive any IV yet. applied to peds only, have 9 mnths of USCE as observership and 2 US LORs. 92/83/cs/85/2006 grad .
thanks mammamia_2009 for wishes !
your credentials are very strong and you will get IVs soon.
may be i got IVs earlier bcoz of my prior residency training in pediatrics and clinical experience in this field. and It seems that the small community programs prefer candidates who already have some clinical experience in the field. I have not got any single IV from a university pediatric program..many of them may not have even looked at my application.

best wishes for your residency interviews !!
I think a lot of interviews are result of your Residency in Pediatrics from your home country. If a candidate does not have that extra edge he would need USCE.

Guys USCE plays a very important role in geting IVs, do not ignore it...
rejection: UT Southwestern MC dallas TX
hi! i didn't have residency training in my country, and no USCE either, but I was already offered 2 interviews. 1 IM and 1 FM. Please note that I don't have any connections to the program and I am just an average applicant. I guess the moral of the story is that if the PD's liked something about you, even if you don't fulfill all their criteria, they are willing to give you a chance :-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »