Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research on visitors visa, query - harshg
hello ppl... does port of entry in US matter in order to get a longer stay on ur visitors visa.. ... I need atleast 6 months on my visitors visa, in order to get some meaningful research experience.... I also hav 2 take the CS exam...

should I try to convince the officials at the airport to give me a longer stay?..... , wat other documents should I hav apart from the ECFMG visa letter?... should I hav the offer/agreement letter for the research volunteer position?... n should that be an original or a faxed one will do...

any suggestions will be much appreciated....

Hi harshg!
I have come to us recently by the same way! I came by B1/B2 visa from Iran. I had an invitation letter from ECFMG to take Step 2 cs in US, My CV, the exam scheduling print and my passport with me! At first they wanted to give me a 3-month duration visa only to take my exam and then come back to my country! Then I asked them to let me stay for 6 months to take 2-3 month of observer ship. they took me to the red file room and asked me about the reasons I want to stay more and at last they accepted my request. I don't think you need to give too many documents for entering US, but it is more reasonable to have it with you to give them as they request.
Good Luck!
thanx maryam, useful info, guess i should get ready for the red file room 2.... jus one more question , does port of entry matter... I mean does it make a diff if I land in New york or Atlanta or Chicago...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »