Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
radiology - imgradiologist
what are the minimum requirements????? for an IMG green card holder
Dont even bother !
why????
95/95/cs.GC / MD radiology / 1 year US research experinece in radiology = 1 IV
it seems to be that it's easier to get into a IM and then apply to radiology
99/99/cs/GC/ MD neurophysiology/ 3.5 years US neuroradiology research experience/ multiple research papers --
still waiting
imgradiologist, while many successful applicants that match to radiology have 99 on both steps, your GC is going to help in my opinion. While i share missionradiology's thoughts about the competition, i dont necessarily agree about not even trying.

On the other hand, your idea of rads after IM CAT is very tough, though possible. I have specifically seen some of my buddies get into rads after CAT IM and all of them had GC. While I cant really say GC will get you there, I can say you can try with some realistic hope of success. I am sure you are aware of medicaid restrictions about dual residencies. Be very careful about the path you would want to tread!

BTW, missionradiology, you will have an excellent chance with a back home residency. A good friend of mine is doing her residency at BIDMC although is a 99er (which i dont believe is a stumbling block considering your rich research experience).

Good luck!
i meant my friend that matched to BIDMC has a back home residency. Sorry for a premature message submission, Brain working faster than fingers!
thanks I appreciate your help
99/99/cs/gc/ grad 2008
3 rej
no ivs

cmon fellas lets gather and cry together
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »