Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iv q&a - suchi29
hi can anyone suggest answers for these questions? please help would be highly appreciated

. A pregnant 15-year-old unmarried teenager comes into your office asking for an abortion. What would you do? Would you inform her parents?
46. You observe a fellow medical student cheating on an examination. What would you do?
47. How would you tell a patient just diagnosed with cancer that he has only a few weeks to live?
48. A 14-year-old gay and promiscuous male comes to you to be treated for a STD. During the conversation he mentions that he has been tested for HIV several times and would like to be tested again to see if he is still uninfected. How would you handle this situation?
49. What is the difference between an HMO and a PPO? Which system do you prefer and why?
50. How would you express your concern for a child who needs an amputation?
51. During a routine physical examination of a 10-year-old girl you discover unmistakable evidence that she has been physically and ***ually abused over a period of time. Both her parents are in the waiting room. How would you respond to this situation?
52. You have two patients who have been admitted after a serious accident. Both require immediate attention in order to survive. One patient is 20 years old; the other is 60 years old. Which life would you save?
god, the 1st question is so common in step 1. but I still give out the answer here: first discuss the issue with her parents
all seem like ethics questions.....are these really commonly asked?
for any std or pregnancy you don't need to inform the parent but you need to counseling and advice the child to talk to parent but you can take the initiative to talk to parent.
for any abuse you contact the social services immediatly.
Patient with cancer always ask them what they know about their disease is a good way to open up.
For 52 i will call for help.
i am sorry i meant you can't talk to the parents about STD and pregnancy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »