Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
score92/222 .My exam experience - ckcs
hi, i am happy to score above 90 in ck. my step1 score was 85. I feel good at least i have proven myself that i can do better. my goal was to get 99 in ck but i couldn study any more. i was a bit tired studying and stressed about thinking how can i get a 99. i am not an excellent student who can get above 250 with studying only 3 or 6 months but can do good if hard work and patience.i studied irregularly for almost 1 year, took 5 or 6 vactions each 5-7 days in other states of america, last 20 days before my exam. i also wasted my time in the internet searching for vairous download material or other things either for medical or non medical related,sometimes i was on my pc for days after days trying get solution of some thing. i also watched TV everyday long time. once i am on anything entertaining i forget about my studies, after that when go to study i get so serious that i want to finish everything so fast, which creates more tension. So my advise is if anyone who has the same habit, should focus only on the studies as time is so important especially for drs should get more knowledge through books and get skills to give a patien better care.
I got UW cumulative score 58% first time, 2nd time did incorrect qs only , 3rd time all the qs again.i got usle wrold self assesment score 460 after my first doing UW qs. I got this low score as i couldn finish the last 8 qs in first block, also 2 qs each other blocks. so i realized i have time management problem. after that i did UW again and 1 week before my exam i got NBME2 550, NBME 3 500 online. So i think i got the same score like nbme3. i had read before in this forum that u cant go lower than nbme 3. thats i think also after getting the result.
On the day of exam i brought ear buds with me to use. i had seat near the front door of exam room and one of the stuff was there sitting next to me, turning pages of something or doing whatever in the computer. i got distracted by that when i just started the exam as i was shaking at that time may be for fear or cold, i dont know, though i brought my sweater with me. but later on i got used to it. my ear bud didt help, it doesnt reduce noise much.
In the first 2 or 3 block was so easy that i thought its even easier than kaplan q book which i went through rapidly 2 days before. i finished may be 5-6 min before these blocks but other blocks i could barely finish on time. i didnt get time to read the whole history in the last 2-3 qs in some blocks. I could do it if i didnt spend much time on short , also easier qs. Exam qs are mixed in lenght, not so hard at all as my experience. i got qs like shorter qs in the begining of a block, lenghier at the end. so my advice to anyone u can answer last 5-10 qs first, then do the others.
I dont remember exactly how many ecg or imaging qs i had,but i remember i had 2 murmur qs, very few rash picture, and no media qs on child development. i got a lot of qs on precotious puberty, delayed puberty, i had few long qs which i had no idea what its talking about, i have now know may be thats from renal and genitourinary system, which i have got the lowest performance. i also got lower in mental disorder, psychiatry, growth and development, also obg.
Anyway i want to end writing my exam experience here. i hope if anyone gets any important points of information before they go for the exam.
congras!!
so every block last 5-10 questions are long? question are hard like uwsa?
did u use kaplan lectures books for IM , OG, Child?
congrats to you..and good luck in your future studies
thanks,
i dont exactly remember if that was in all block but the blocks i found difficult to finish the last qs were all long , like UWs longest qs.
qs are not hard like UWSA, its diificulty level is between, UW q bank and NBME forms, but its my opinion only.
i used only UW and kaplan books. i studied kaplan books 1 time all subject but medicine 2times.
DID U GET QUESTIONS WITH EXTENDED MATCHING SET?HOW MANY OF THOSE?WERE THERE ANY QUESTIONS WHERE U HAVE TO CHOOSE MORE THAN 1 CORRECT ANSWERS?
not that i recall and there was no qs which had more that 1 answer. only one answer on each question.
what do u mean by extended matching Q? please let me know.exam in 4 days
Congrats ckcs on an awesome score.
I'm waiting for my score next week, please wish me luck...thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »