Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help/advice - beau
I'm stressing beyond belief right now. I applied for Step1 USMLE exam awhile ago and had put down that I would take the exam some time between July and September of 2009. I had issues beyond my control that didn't allow me to study in time to take the exam. But I didn't worry as much because I knew I could ask for an extension and that it would only cost me $50. So I did that and I started studying in September. Well now I have till December to take my exam. I thought I could study all the material and be ready by the time. I've taken USMLEworld qbank and I'm averaging about 46%, I took USMLEworld self assessment and scored 185, then today I took the USMLE CBT Practice and failed with a 69%. Please tell me what I should do in order to be able to at least pass in December. I'm so scared. Any advice? please! Thanks.
Well you have about a month to try and boost up that score. My advice would be obtain the latest edition of first aid to orient yourself to what you are expected to know for the exam..learn it from cover to cover and annotate it with explanations from UWorld and Kaplan Qbank.

Review over the notes you have originally studied from, whatever they are...

Try not to panic...But start putting some serious long hours of studying now to try and wrap up as much of the material as possible.

Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »