Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low score in step 1 need suggestions - docnl
i m a GC holder 2007 graduate....got 84 in step 1 2nd attempt...really depressed....do i have any hope ?how can i improve my score of step 2....
Being a GC holder gives you a huge advantage when applying for residency.

Whats done is done in terms of step 1. For now to maximize your chances for matching, concentrate on getting high scores in Step 2..and doing your step 3 as well.

I am not an expert on step 2..you should post that on the step 2 forum and see what people's advice is. But the main thing for any USMLE step is to solve a lot of questions. Uworld and Kaplan Qbank..thats what really helps boost people's scores up.

Also if you have any chance for US experience eg observership...go for it...Its easier for you to get it being a GC holder...and the letters of recommendation you'd get would be very helpful for your matching.

Best of luck
Nothing is impossible. You can get the residency even if you have scored 75. The only thing matters is whether you want residency or not. And nothing is lost until you quit.
thank u so much...will try my best for step 2
Hey..First feel proud that you passed this beast of an exam. Dont be sad, with a GC you still have a fair chance. Just work hard on step 2 and forget about the match for the time being. Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »