Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam harder now??? - maknag
hi friends, does anyone know how the exam has changed from last yr? i haer a lot of people saying it is A LOT harder. Is it b/c of the media clues? r questions longer?
they're fusing step 1 and 2...the med schools have to implement this in curric and exams will fuse in 2-2.5 yrs. step 1 now has a lot more diagnosis questions. can anyone confirm this? does step 1 have more peds and surgical principles now? pls answer.
150 views and only 1 person answers....thanks for replying. does anyone else know?
helloooo....
although there are media clues now they are not always necessary to arrive at the correct answer because there are more clues in the stem. there were many long questions (some over a page long) as well as single line questions, but you can easily make the diagnosis. the single liners can be more tricky!
there are many people of average intelligence who study hard and score 99, and if you're an especially if you're an american citizen u don't even need to score that high to get a residency! study hard and good luck
anyone know if peds, surgery, obgyn and step 2 subjects were tested much? trying to figure out how much of this integration is true.
dude/dudette.... relax!!!

Smile we're all doing the same thing now. If the usmle hasn't put up an updated list of content tested on the exam, or made some announcements, I doubt they'd put CK-type questions on the test. ppl all around are doing the regular stuff and scoring well, so do the same. don't worry yourself and everyone around. GL. Smile
salaam sam, i am a dudette.
i wish i could relax, this exam is driving me nuts!! i failed it a couple yrs ago, that's y i am so uptight about it...and the dean of a med school told me that there were more diagnosis and what would u do next type of questions on it than when i took it and a lot of changes have taken place...it's totally different for first timers, so you guys won't be as worred as i am. i just don't want to make the same mistakes again.
oh yea, sorry for worrying u sam and good luck on ur exam next week Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »