Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to cancel a prematch? - flamingjune
Does anyone know if it is possible to get out of a prematch contract (in the event that you get a better second offer)? How is this done? Thanks!
It's almost impossible as you have signed a letter of intent. But maybe it is possible??You may need a lawyer to get out of the situation.
2 years ago one of my friends told the PD he want to cancel the prematch intent after he signed it, then the PD said ok, later after the match when he matched certain where the PD sent the intent letter to the NRMP. my friend now is banned from not only his residency but from applying again too My advice is get satisfied with what you have signed or sorry to tell you this you will get lost. congratulations.
@applicantguide do u mind telling what program it was
How long ago did u sign it? Take a advise from a legal personell and don't delay it. If it is not too long ago and u get legal advice in ur direction then contact the program with an excuse and take their ok in writing, also I think u can take general info from nrmp without mentioning the specific details. Good luck!
@ip92
The original thread is from 2009.
Thanks belleandsebastianSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »