Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applicantguide, I need your help - PA license - pyrimidine
I got the prematch offer from PA program. They have sent me all the required documents including PA temporary license form. I have following questions:

1. they have asked me to submit my full CV. What do I submit them? I mean my paper CV or ERAS CV?
2. how do I go about credential verification by FCVS?? I mean do I need any special preparation for this? What if they are not able to find my all LOR writers back in my home country? One of my LOR writers has long gone out of my medical school and I don't know about his whereabouts. I am an old graduate.

Thanks.
are you there applicantguide?? Any one else who knows about the PA license process??
hey pyrimidine, what are the forms they sent u? I think u just have to complete the forms and give it back to them rt? I think the sent it for verification. I am not sure if u have to get it verified through FCVS? can anybody throw some light on this?
1. I think it doesn't matter if you submit your ERAS CV or another hand written CV! it is a matter of preference and convenience.
2. First of all, I think for PA licensure, it is not necessary (although optional) for you to get your medical education credential verified by FCVS. even if you want to do this (or if it is necessary), it has nothing (absolutely nothing) to do with LOR and LOR writers. They want to verify your medical education credential, not your LORs. Anyway, head to FSMB website (FCVS section) and start a new application. It is not that complicated. Good Luck!
@ joy56: Program has sent me tons of form to be filled out including contract and PA license form.

@ bardiapl720: Thank you for your immense help. I sincerely appreciate your input.

Have one more question: Is there any connection between Temporary license and getting H1b? I mean one have to have temporary license in order to get H1b?? Thanks.
yeah....im in the same boat... my attorney said that hel be able to file my application for the H1b
once I get the temporary licence......
hdurina84, are you talking about PA temporary license?? Why I am curious is b'coz many other states don't require residents to have temporary state license say for example NY state. So in NY state residents are eligible for H1b without temporary license.

What I am trying to tell you is that requirement for temporary license might differ from state to state but it should not effect once's H1b!!!

Anymore thoughts/input??
pyrimidine, sorry i am not answering your question and instead asking u a question..
I need some help about how to get into PA program. did you apply like residency and then got prematch or did you apply to only one program.............................pls let me know because am planning for the alternate path if not getting into residency this yr..................................
nani2004, Got the PA program just as anyone else is getting in to. I mean usual stuff like ERAS, applied mainly to east coast programs, got few IVs and prematches and finally choose this PA program out of all prematches.
thank you pyrimidine.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »