Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the difference? - faster
Pygmalion effect and Hawthorne effect
plez explain
Hawthorne effect: When behavior of the ***subjects*** of the study changes because they know they're being observed

Pygmalion effect: is also known as observer-expectancy effect: can happen if study is not double-blinded. If the doc in charge, the ****observer*** of a study knows that group A is being given the drug, and group B the placebo, he is more likely to record a positive outcome for group A.
thanks samomcos
still confused about Hawthorne effect
more explanation plez and give me an example
With Hawthorne, the subject (let's say u) are being watched. I (the observer) is watching you study and do your questions. So, u go through ur process of thinking out loud, eliminate incorrect answers and reach a correct answer and really try hard b/c u know i am watching u.
When ur alone at home...i'm not there to watch what ur doing. so, ur like...uh, i don't know this question, who cares, clcik C and move on.
thanks maknag
really u are amazing
thanks samomcos and maknag
ha ha, ur welcome...behavioral and psych r actually the only subjects that i feel comfortable in.
but i feel that u are comfortable in all subjects hahah
u r totally outstanding....
I only feel comfortable with the one i study well or i positively feel so . Any doubt i have to be clear otherwise i never feel confident with...
not only u, we all need to study well about everything. GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »