Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying now - harish1981
Thanks John ... I ll do that.
also, i wud call the programs to be sure too. most of them have filled the slots& r not lookin in any applications any mroe and no matter wht are the scores. no need to waste money on those....and start it asap if u want to put the $ on it...it is already late. GL
i am not sure how matching works...i checked with one frnd with 3 digits > than urs who applied in nov(has usce and publications too, >5yrs grad , but has residency+mph+fellowship in the us) appleid in few im and have got none so far! it is up to u. gl
If not anything, you can hope for scramble.
If money is not as big of an issue as a bleak chance of possibility to not waste a year, i say Go for it!
idealist : the problem is visa! scramble is mostly for AMgs and sleam chance for fmgs who are us citiz or gc. i havent heard if they take those who need visa??
If you have good contacts in program apply, otherwise no, same thing happend to me last year.
cn2008 : i am not sure about contact coz we have none. my frnd dont get rej, the problem is that the programs mostly dont review new applications now. i have got some emails the same(i applied late in some programs).. like:"...due to lack of staffing., we are no more reviewing any new application..." i called some of them, they said that they had already picked their candidates + fixed iv dates +waiting lists and wudnt look in any new one .some said not to apply!(back in nov).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »