Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Score 241/97,where do I stand? - gitte
Hi
I am an IMG from Denmark and still trying to figure out how all this work.I got my result yesterday and was so extremely surprised to see that I had PASSED!It was just a horrible experience and I thought for sure I had failed and been bummed about it for more than 3 weeks,so to say the least I am ecstatic right now just to have passed.The next thing is how I did.From looking at this site I guess that you are doing good if you get over 90.Now I am just wondering how this will help me get a residency.Is this score just good or is it more than that?When people talk about aceing ,what score do they mean?Thanks.

I studiet for about 8-9 months,but took a lot of time to do other stuff too.It felt like I had to learn a lot of it for the first time.Here are the books I used
Pharmacology- Lippincotts illustrated reviews
Pathology-BRS
Microbiology-Microbiology made ridiculously simple
Immunology-High yield
Biostatistiscs-High yield
Biochemistry-High yield
Anatomy-High yield
Behavioral Science-BRS
Questions- Kaplan q book,Kaplan q bank,Kaplan clin.Vign,BSS,USMLE CD,Questions on Goljan notes.
The high yield books are not all that great,but if you do a lot of questions you will get an idea what they want you to focus on.All in all,what I did was to read these books once,making good notes.Then I did questions and added onto my notes.Then I read my notes to sum it all up.
The key for me was doing questions and making good notes.The BSS was very time consuming and detailed,the Kaplan clin.vign. were a little easier than on the real test.When you take the test,do not freak out because you feel like you have to guess a lot!!It seems like they make it so tough that no matter how much you study,you wont feel you ever know the material well enough and the exam is just stressful(maybe more to me than others,because this was the first medical multiple choice exam I had ever taken,I am used to written and oral exams).I am just so happy to have passed!!
Good luck to all of you
congrats.
hey thats a awesome score
hi shri ...when is ur exam?
To Sainik, Its in 3 weeks.when is yours?
at the same time. mail me at mdcnvc
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »