Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{{Last moments season help from applicantguide}} - applicantguide
15 January, start ranking of programs you interviewed in. i started ranking the programs for those who already sent me their list of interviews and for those i am coaching. however all people in this forum are wellcome if they need help. i will try to answer any questions not related to this topic you may have but i am really overwhelmed so try to keep the communication relevant to ranking.

you can contact me on my email

applicantguide

please mention:
1-what specialty in each program you interviewed for.
2-what specialty you prefer.
3-try to do your math and let me modify, if any.

applicantguide

NB: due to the huge amount of emails i am receiving and being busy in my residency, please give me at least 24 hours to give you the final rank.
All the submitted info will remain confidential as usual.
Haa haaa
Application guide, what is ur charge?
ask your forum friends! charge?
Ranking progrms is a vey personal matter...2 applicants with the sam residencyand post resdencyplans might not like the same 1 particular program
now, i know i am going to attain infamy through this post; but for all the good work that applicantguide has been known to have done the past year and this, I do not understand why the person would want to solicit ppl to take help in ranking programs. As an applicant I am sure that he/she created their own ROL given the person's expertise.

But surely, I am not sure that it makes sense in encouraging people to seek help in ranking their programs.. and that too when this person is busy with his/her own residency. I think that it is important to encourage folks to THINK and REASON by themselves to rank programs. And yes, while there will always be an argument about knowing ppl in most of those places and therefore a
*inside* information, I think that the often inside information is also biased by the personality providing that info. So with all these biases, why should anybody have to subscribe to someone's view of the world which will anyway be just as imperfect as their own?

If after attending interviews one cannot decided their own ROL, I think that they are unfit for the residency. Sorry to be blunt, but at some point I think it becomes necessary to point out that the emperor wears no clothes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »