step 3 failed 2009 .........preparing again
US Citizen
I have passed my 7 year limit

I have done 9 month of psychiatry emergency externship
2 month in VA
for 2 years working as research assistant at clinic
now got a job in psychiatric research at teaching university level
BUT
this university program is very good......no IMG asking, 90 score on first attept plus the states has 7 year rule

my questions are;

1.dose working here means an chance of residency
2.can i apply to states with 7 year rule

please answer
I think ur 1st --they may give u a interivew courtsey,
but if u are applyin for PSy- which i guess is rt, u stand a pretty good chanses to get a position there, but again its university program,, u will have to compete with many excellent score candidates, but u can use ur contascts there and can get position through match..

2 nd - i dont think so, u may have to give all ur steps again if u pass ur 7 yr limit, but i thin 7 yr limit is to get ecfmg certificate,, pls double confirm it

gl
thanks

the program is in a state who has 7 year rule, where i will be doing research

I am already ECFMG certified

from where I double confirm
who will give me the ecxact answer
hey,

7 yr rule includes completion of step 3. (starts from clearing of first taken step to the clearing of step3).

1) may be depending upon who you work for, how strong he is in the dep and how well he likes you.

2) you won't be eligible for 7 yr rule states. University can be flexible with their rules but they dont have a say in the state board rules.

hope this answers your concern
thanks
I think most states require to complete all the USMLE within 7 yrs otherwise you have to retake the exams. Even for a limited license but i am not sure. Best bet is to apply to states that don't have the 7yr rule. and take the step3 ASAP.

This is the link that shows all the state requirements for license.
http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_eliinitial.html

Good Luck.
www. Imgusmleandresidency. blogspot.com (cut and paste into browser REMOVE THE SPACES)
Hi thusikagramle,
i think if show real interest while ding research then it would really helpful.be in good books of attendings and may be the attending recommend your name to pd.this once happened to one of my friends.If u dont mind,can i talk to u ab your psy exp ,as i m also looking for it.if u can,then pls email me ur email id or number at - somvanshi.s2123
hope u wont mind ding that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »