Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i feel bad dropping 2 prematches.urgent dilenma - cardio2013
i don,t know why the prematches are coming from the programs at the bottom of my ROL.the 1st prematch came from my no 7 on ROL.though they give H1 visa(Positive),but no fellowship options.
2nd prematch..no 8 on my ROL...no H1....only j1,Community....No fellowship option....
My top 6 list include university program...all HI...with inhouse fellowship
score 99,99,cs.
what should i do..help
Aim high and keep your fingers crossed. You got good creds, u deserve good program as well.
where did you take your step 1 and step 2?
my steps were taken in europe..i woke in europe..i have the MRCP(Uk)
no question about the second option about the prematch from program 2 on J1. I understand that this is the difficult situation especially with this tough match season. I think that with your scores and SIX more IVs you are safe enough to go for the match. But hey you never know, match is gamble. It also depends how good your IVs were at your first SIX programs, their strength, are they very strong programs etc.

I appeared in IV at one very good University program with in house fellowship for all the subspecialty, IV went very well. The program was one of the better programs, I had in my IV list. I was THE BEST candidate on that particular day (I also compare myself to others on my IV day), PD told me that I would be an asset to their program, blah, blah, blah, But even then I knew that I won't match in the program for the reason which I can't write here on the forum. Sometimes, you have to honor your gut feelings about your other programs/IVs.
GO for the match!!!! you deserve it!! otherwise I think you 'll always have a gut feeling regret. Residency can be very painful if you find yourself in a place you didn't really want to be, especially when there was an alternate with possibility to respond to your dream.
hi cardio2013

2 nd prematch but no h1 only j1.program from which state r u talking about.????
pls respond just curious
thanks applicantguide and pyridoxine
i matched
hope it is the university program
no regrets for dropping the PM
congratulations, no surrender no regret, Iwish you the best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »