Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUNY Downstate Peds-Dilemma - drnelson
Did anyone accept/reject a prematch offer from SUNY downstate? I'm unable to make a decision to accept a prematch. I know the program is good but it is in a bad part of Brooklyn and it means that I have to stay away from my family. I only had one interview close to where I live but they don't offer prematches so I'm wondering if I should take a risk and go through the match for that program. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
drnelson~ bite the bullet and try to check out the park slope area..might work out for family.
My family definitely can't move with me. That's the whole problem. Which is why I can't decide whether to accept it or not. Do you think they might still rank me high if I reject the offer? Or will that blow my chances of ever making it there?
No, if your decline a prematch offer, there is a very high probability that they will not rank you at all.
Well, I guess that says it all.
Sometimes I don't understand many of us, including myself... We apply to many places w/o think in other important things....In your personal case drnelson now you have good offer but you can't move with your family. Did you think in that situation before applying to Brooklyn?
Try to put in a balance pros and cons.... and take your decision and do not forget that every year this process is becoming more competitive and difficult!!!
Good Luck to you and if you decide to go to NYC, don't worry, every sacrifice is for your family, for your future and of course you would have a rewarding experience!!!
If you decide to the match, before doing that, take into consideration your scores, year of graduations, USCE, etc....then take your decision!!!
GL!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »