Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice. - shiko

I'm new to the forum and need advice. I'm done with the step1 exam yesterday and am not feeling positive about it. I'm IMG working full time so I just used FA for studying before the exam and did some of UW. I found out in the exam that good percentage of the quetions were not covered in FA.
First, does anyone know how the score is calculated or how many questions -roughly- you need to answer right to pass? and does this differ from exam to another?
Second, I'm thinking to start preparing to step 2 CS while waiting for the results -to save sometime in case I have to do step 1 again- within those looooong 6 weeks; so what are the most appropriate materials to study from for it? to avoid what happened yesterday from the start and don't have to discover it in the hardest way ever.

appreciate your help,
Thanks

Frustrated
For CS...Subscribe USMLEWORLD CS and do all cases,preferably do case practice on someone like a real pt, u could give exam in 7-8 wks its not hard, all u need is practice. Also if u could buy kaplna CS book too, I would suggest u to do CS first until u get ur step 1 result u would not be able to concentrate on step 2 CK. I gave CS before step 2 CK and believe me , u dont need step 2 CK knowledge to pass CS but its better to pass step 1 before Step 2 CK. GOOD luck on ur result.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »