Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support Haiti & Ace Step 1! - bcwilliams
Hi Everyone! I just joined your forum and wanted to introduce myself, Gunner Training, and let you know about a cool partnership Gunner has with Partners In Health (www.pih.org) to help raise some money for Haiti.

My name is Ben and was Pre-Med at Harvard (Bio major, Health Policy minor) and I've been in love with medicine and health care since the 8th grade (the catalyst was reading Muscle & Fitness magazine! ). For the longest time I wanted to go to medical school, but after college I finally made the VERY hard decision that I would be better fit for the policy and business side of things. Since then, I've worked in various settings such as hospital management (as an Administrative Resident at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital), International medical relief (as exec director of an NGO, www.fimrc.org, that provides free medical care to children worldwide), and on health 2.0 startups. Drop me a line if you want to talk to me about any of these areas; I'd love to help in any way I can!

I now work for Gunner Training -- a rapidly growing and highly innovative online medical education company. Our founders are Harvard-trained docs (Plastic, Ortho Surg, and an Anesthesiologist) that believe passionately in bringing medical education into the 21st century by applying cutting edge learning and memory science and supportive technologies (e.g. AI, graph theory, neural networks, etc.) that will not only allow people to master medical knowledge more completely and quickly, but also make sure they retain that knowledge throughout their careers. If you™re interested, check out some of the principles we™ve built into our platform: http://www.psyc.memphis.edu/learning...ow/index.shtml. We currently do 19 of the 25 listed and are working on the other 6! We are perhaps best known for our implementation of the œspacing effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition) and it™s ability to dramatically enhance retention. Moreover, because our founders and editors aced the USMLE, our content is very high-yield. Right now we only have a Step 1 program, but we are working hard to launch Step 2, MCAT, and other versions later this year. I™d love to hear what you guys think about Gunner, and what technologies, content, etc. you™d like to see! Check us out at www.gunnertraining.com and drop me a line with questions, ideas, anything! Would love to hear from you.

Lastly, we just joined forces with Partners In Health to try and raise money for their Haiti relief effort. For everyone that signs up for 3-months or longer, we will donate $50 in your name to PIH! We™ve only been at it for a week and have already donated over $1,000! It™s an honor to be working with PIH; since the devastating 7.0 Mw earthquake on January 12, PIH already has 20 operating rooms up and running (12 of which are 24 hours!), was one of the first NGOs to evacuate patients in critical condition to hospitals in the United States and Dominican Republic, and has been designated by the World Health Organization to serve as the primary coordinator of the University Hospital in Port-au-Prince. We wanted to do whatever we could to support them. Not to mention that we are all really inspired by Paul Farmer. I actually met him a few years ago and he is an amazing guy who literally can™t sleep because he has nightmares about people dying from MDRTB and HIV/AIDS due to lack of medicines we take for granted in the West.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to being a part of the USMLE Forum family!

Warm regards,

- Ben
ben@gunnertraining.com
www.linkedin.com/in/bcwill
www.gunnertraining
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »