Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
require help.... jz 1 line comment pls - doctorofusmle
I am an old graduate, graduated in dec 2007 .... offshore medical school (caribbean) and Canadian Citizen...

Will be writing my step 1 in feb, trying to apply for post match and scramble....

step 1 in feb
CS in march
CK before july ...

if i cudnt match this year, do i have a chances to get residency ....

*** I tried NBME and i got around 700.... score counts or graduate yr

PS: please tell me what is the defination of old graduate....

SINCERE ADVICE even in 1 line, please ans this, this will help alot of others in my situation...as many experience comments on it, as much i wil go for step 1, otherwise i mite not write it ...

THANKS IN ADVANCEE
concentrate on step 1 for now...im not sure how successful u could be in scramble... finish ur step 2 and do some observership/externship- get some letters before august.. and apply on sept 1 st itself...gud luck
I did all of my rotations in the states ...

please tell me , how long aftr graduation is consider old graduate
it depends on the program..
but 5-6 yrs is taken as cut off
if u hav grt scores n othr experiences to make ur application attractive then may be u hav a chance
coz this yr many of the senior forum members who were old graduates got prematches
should i apply for scramble and post match ??

and just a quick question ... somebody told me scramble works only for 1 day ... is that true ???
who told you that?
Dec 2007 is NOT an old grad... I am surprised no one said this so far.

An old grad would be 5 years+. You won't be an old grad even in the 2012 match (5 years). Not to mention a carrib grad with US rotations? You will be super in Internal medicine if you get good scores (90s) and no failed attempts.

Go ahead you can easily make it, at least in internal medicine, peds, family or psych.
And forget the scramble. Don't pressure yourself for the scramble. Just concentrate on preparing your application for the 2011 match by september 1st.
doomestic ...
thanks alot ... Really appreciated ..

I was almost planning to quite medicine...

so basically you're saying, i should not try for scramble ? and go for 2011 match ???

and dont didnt ans my last question.. is that true that scramble will b for one day on 12 march and that is only for AMGs, not for IMGs ....

is that scramble thing is not correct, cud u pls tell me uptil what date scramble thing will b open ...

once again for tellin me am not an old grad... thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »