Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what next step's for people who did not matche - ghajini
Please post your comments !!
Hi: Next step is apply in scramble with full energy and determination.
ofcourse it is very tough to get seat in scramble esp. if you need visa ( i have been through 3 scrambles without any luck) but then there is nothing to lose too...........and there are few people i know who got seats in scramble who needed visa. So just go into scramble with positive mind.
Also keep trying to look for unfilled position in the forums mainly studentdoctor.com. sometimes postion are listed there. or you can register for findaresident.com. I had registered there once and mostly available position listed are for pgy2 or 3 and rarely for pgy1 but then you have go all out and take your chances.
You can also email the program where you interviewed and tell them that you did not match and in case if any seats becomes available later, you are very interested. I know one of my friends got seat in postmatch when one of applicant who matched in that program didnt got visa and then they called him up and offered position. so bottomline is dont give up after scramble. you never know when luck may shine on you.

If it doesnot work in scramble or postmatch, then start looking for meaning ful externship or research in the field who wish to go.Try to email or call eevrybody in the field where you wish to go for externship or research. very few people respond but then you just need one positive response. But start it just after scramble without wasting time cause september is just 6 months away now and you dont have anytime to waste.

if possible do usce or research for atleast 3 months and get good lors and do waive it.
If you have not given step 3, then do take it before september 1st. Step 3 is very important nowadays. I can say more than USCE. So don't prolong it and give it soon.

And most important thing is never ever give up. If you are determind and can manage to afford it, you will ultimately match. I say this because I have been through it. This was my fourth match this year with failure to match in previous three years. But I just kept on going without thinking negative and working hard to improve my application and filling any loophole in my application. I prematched this year. so dont get disheartened if you didn't match. I can understand the feeling and frustation. but turn this into postive enrgy and start working hard. Your time will definitely come what if its little late but it will come my friend, it will surely come.
ofcourse it is very tough to get seat in scramble esp. if you need visa ( i have been through 3 scrambles without any luck) but then there is nothing to lose too...........and there are few people i know who got seats in scramble who needed visa. So just go into scramble with positive mind.
Also keep trying to look for unfilled position in the forums mainly studentdoctor.com. sometimes postion are listed there. or you can register for findaresident.com. I had registered there once and mostly available position listed are for pgy2 or 3 and rarely for pgy1 but then you have go all out and take your chances.
You can also email the program where you interviewed and tell them that you did not match and in case if any seats becomes available later, you are very interested. I know one of my friends got seat in postmatch when one of applicant who matched in that program didnt got visa and then they called him up and offered position. so bottomline is dont give up after scramble. you never know when luck may shine on you.

If it doesnot work in scramble or postmatch, then start looking for meaning ful externship or research in the field who wish to go.Try to email or call eevrybody in the field where you wish to go for externship or research. very few people respond but then you just need one positive response. But start it just after scramble without wasting time cause september is just 6 months away now and you dont have anytime to waste.

if possible do usce or research for atleast 3 months and get good lors and do waive it.
If you have not given step 3, then do take it before september 1st. Step 3 is very important nowadays. I can say more than USCE. So don't prolong it and give it soon.

And most important thing is never ever give up. If you are determind and can manage to afford it, you will ultimately match. I say this because I have been through it. This was my fourth match this year with failure to match in previous three years. But I just kept on going without thinking negative and working hard to improve my application and filling any loophole in my application. I prematched this year. so dont get disheartened if you didn't match. I can understand the feeling and frustation. but turn this into postive enrgy and start working hard. Your time will definitely come what if its little late but it will come my friend, it will surely come.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »