Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sharing my credentials. - drpeds
first of all, i would like to send my deepest regards to those who didnt match this year... but please dont lose your hope, keep faith, and try to move on, i'm sure there are always chances for those who are trying hard...
i luckily matched and wanna share my credentials so that ppl can benefit from it...

IMG( 1st time matching)
step1 - 84
step 2- 85
step 2cs - pass
all first attempts
green card holder,
applied to 50 programs ( apply only pediatrics)
got 4 IVs
US clinical exp - volunteered at a clinic for 6 months..
years of grad - 2008
go back for 2nd visits as i got invites from 3 of them......
Received some positive feedbacks...
My strengths : one PD mentioned he really liked my PS, so make sure u sell urself really well in your PS,, try to make it really interesting and improve it, English - one big factor for IMGs like us, Almost all interviewers mentioned that as an IMG , my spoken Eng was excellent, and asked where and how i had learned...( my advice- try to practise common IV quest with a native or a really good eng speaker) or work somewhere else to improve ur ENG
My weakness : not finishing step 3, one PD mentioned , i would be a better candidate should i am done with step3,, i wish i had taken it alreadi when she mentioned like that... so if possible if u r not done with step3,, try to pass it..........
I understand the pain from the ppl who didnt match,, we've come along this journey together,,there're sleepless nights, anxiety , doubts,, but pls overcome these with belief, faith,perserverance and hard work,and of course prayers...
my best prayers to everyone....GL.....
congraaaaaaaats
Drpeds congrats!! I'm also an IMG applying for 2011 match. I'm really hoping to get a position in peds. Also GC holder. Do you mind sending me the list of hospitals you applied to and which ones you invited u for interview? nlp319. where did you match? Thanks for sharing your credentials and tips regarding step3!
Godbless with tomorrow's scramble guys! Pray hard!
solafide,, i will know it on thursday where i ll b matched... sure,, i 'll send u the list of hospitals to u very soon, GL
drpeds
I need some advice where to apply and other points.old grad 2001.
if u can email me.
sarshad77
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »