Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched at WSU/DMC IM-gather here - pubhealth
Hi pubhealth congrats on the great achivement.I am IMG from India with scores 96/99/CS first attempt.I got my scores very late hence i got only 2 ivs and didnt match.My profile also does not have anything done in US apart from scores.Wayne state Univ is a great univ program which takes Fmgs.I want to know what should I be doing to be considered for selection here.MPh takes lot of time and i have only 4-5 months time bfore next season begins.Does doing some observership and research work help my profile?And what type of research work would be considerred usefull?And one more thing if during observership if we see some interestin case and want to develop it for abstract presentation is it possible to do it for me who is on tourist visa?you guidance in tihs regard would be well appreciated.
@boss007..your scores are very good. Wayne state university, which i gathered from profile of other interviewees during my day prefers MPH..but thats not the only criteria.

Doing an observership helps a lot for a FMG, but that observership should come with good LORs..
Research is a difficult thing..because for your research to be considered worthwhile to get the seat, you need to publish it or present it at a conference. This takes up a lot of time.

My suggestion would be do a observership and if possible, at the same time some research. The best research I would recommend for new FMGs is something clinical i.e. data gathered from medical records. If you come up with a novel idea which does not need too much funding, every professor here will be interested to collobarate with you..in fact they will be very happy with you.
For this, I would recommend going through your area of interest and read journals on it. Once you start reading those journals you will get lots of new ideas. And this kind of clinical research can be done in your spare time and within 3-4 months..

It is possible to do an abstract on tourist visa.
Pubhealth ur message is very informative.I would like to discuss more about the clinical research thing with you.If u dont mind can u send ur phone number to my email id which is pavan777k.I would like to speak with u.Thanks.
hi pub health,

please what kind of journals do u think will come in handy for research.
I also matched there still no paper work should we contact them???
@haithamatef--I thought I will contact them on monday.

@drblessed-- It depends on what you are interested in ...JAMA or AJPH are few of them which you can start on..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »