Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q on A.Nervosa - desmosome
Symptom of AN that is least likely to improve after treatment?

1)amenurea
2)lanugo
3)bone mass
4)Salivaery enlargemnt
Is it 4?
I am sorry but , i don't know exact answer for the above question if you know please let me know

Thanks

2 ?
maybe 3.

read this: http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/ho...0049_5.htm

really informative and comprehensive..
just FYI from the above article:

Some research suggests that anorexia nervosa has the highest death rate of any psychiatric disorder. According to different studies, the risk for early death is higher for people with the following conditions or characteristics:

¢Being younger
¢Having bulimia anorexia (twice as high in this group than in the anorexic-restrictor types)
¢Being severely low in weight at the time of treatment
¢Being sick for more than 6 years
¢Having been previously obese
¢Having an accompanying severe psychological disorder including personality disorders
hello samomcos

Thank you very much the article is really informative !!!

The answer could be 3) bone loss

the fallowing text from the above link is in support of ans (3)

""Bone loss in women is mainly due to low estrogen levels that occur with anorexia. Other biologic factors in anorexia also may contribute to bone loss, including high levels of stress hormones (which impair bone growth) and low levels of calcium, certain growth factors, and DHEA (a weak male hormone). Weight gain, unfortunately, does not completely restore bone. Only achieving regular menstruation as soon as possible can protect against permanent bone loss. The longer the eating disorder persists the more likely the bone loss will be permanent.""

GL
yes desmosome.... makes me pick 3 too, hope that's the one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »