Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the deadline for Matching - sonia
Hi Everyone!! I am preparing for step2,my studies are going little slow and i want some extra days to study.I am expecting an average score in this exam,but going for clinical practice right now( externship).i want to apply for residency programm 2006.So Could anyone let me know when is last date that i can take my exam and still apply for ontime( not late )residency matching.
Thanx in advanve for ur advice.
Sonia
HI,
i guess it depends on your profile...it is generally recommended that u r done with all the prerequisites before sep 2nd. But if that is nt possible then the most prudent thing to do would be to apply with whatever scores u have and then keep updating your profile when u get the scores for the other steps. I think it would be fatal to wait till you have all ur scores.
So my advice is that you should apply ASAP and then finish ur exam before say the 15th of september.
AND there aint a deadline as such for applying....lets say the later u apply the worse are ur chances of getting a decent program. but then again it depends on a lot of variables. U will be better advised if u post in the matching and residency section....
chill
Thanx Simon for urs response.I did send a post in Matching section but seems like no one has reply over there.Ur information have resolved half of my problem,but kindely would u let me know couple more things too.Did u mean that i can apply even before taking my step2 CK?And after getting my scores in hand i can update the same application?And how should i begin my application process of matching.What type of documents i would need to send and make them ready?Please do reply,i know i might be killing ur precious time but its very important for me and i've been reading all these Frieda and ecfmg websites but couldn't figure out anything.i'll appreciate ur help.
Thanx
Sonia
hi sonia,
Yes you can apply even before u have ur step2 ck scores. U can start appplying from sept 2nd onwards. U will have to get registered with ERAS(go to OASIS u will find the link over there). Once u r registered u will have to begin an application and get ur LORs, diploma copies and transcripts in place and send then to either ERAS/NRMP(please clarify). After the concerned body recieves ur application they update ur profile and I believe u get a number(again I am not sure if u get this number immediately after registering with ERAS or after u send all ur documents). At this point u are all set to apply, applications can be sent out thru the aamc website starting sept 2nd(mostly). Now in ur case (and mine-I have to give my step2 ck-wil be taking it september), u will have to decide when to apply,with all scores and the ecfmg cert in hand or with wahtever scores u presently have. Evryone that i have spoken with have asked me to apply ASAP and that is what I am gonna do. Late applications are generally not considered coz the PDs have no seat left or they have already selected the candidates that they would want to interview(the variables are the program, the PD and ur visa status). Lastly, u can update ur application as and when u get ur cores...start the application process, everythng will be clear then. I hope I was of some help.
chill
Hi Simon
Hunderds of Thanxxxxxxxx. This was really a very big favour for me and for lots of others like me who will be reading this post.U' ve really explained everything in a very simple way.Actually i dont know anyone here whom i could ask these in person.Simon i would like to keepin tauch with u for help, if its okay with u,looks like u know alot!!! would u mind if i will ask u to email me ur phone number (if u r in US),or urs email address,so that if i had some Q in future i could contact u?or if u cant then never mind,i can talk to u in forum also Smile.My email address is drsonia76.let me know please.
God Bless You, and Good Luck
Sonia
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »