step1-92 0ne attempt
step 2- 95 one attempt
CS --single attempt
one year externship in FM in canada
1999 graduate need visa
gap due to personnel reason from from 2002--2008
I'm looking to apply in FM
Should i also try to apply for IM
DO i have chance to match after such a gap and old graduate?
thanks
wish you good luck to everybody
Vickyl,
I will advice you to focus on FM bc IM with such gap it will be more difficult..nothing is imposible,but focus on FM....Some how you have to explain that gap.....your scores are very good and apply to FM....Any other questions let me know ok..
Cio
JOvanat
When did you get your exams done...
thanks for reply
I took my exam between sep2008 and nov2009
tried scramble this year but didnot match
wish you good luck
concentrate on FM and psych. Try to pick up from my lists some IM programs that have many IMGs.
Since you did FM externsip than look for IM...for psych they want it to see that you always want it to do psych but yet with your score you can get some IV..
GL...Look for IMG Friendly Programs...You have a chance ,so keep looking and applying..
J
You could also apply to IM. It all depends on the kind of externshops you will have completed in the US. I urge you to complete externship in the US. Psych will be difficult if you have no psych expience. Extenrship in Canada is okay but people truly look at USCE from the US.

Your main challenge is to fill the gap. You have to find a way to do it, because people will question your current clinical abilities.

Dr. Belibi

Hey vickyl,

I would think your chances are better for Family Practice, specially if you have GC or citizenship. What is your visa status?
Thanks all for advise and suggestion
Symlin I need visa.
good luck to all
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »