Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goljan vs Kaplan, please help to decide - lovjj
Hi, dear friends,

It looks like I dont have enough time to read both Goljan and Kaplan Pathology, but I have enough time to complete one of them. So, please advice me which one I should choose? How much time does each of them require to finish?

I have passed step 2 and just started step 1 preparation. I have also done the CBSSA assessment several days ago and got 370 (184). My weakness is Biochemistry, genetics and histology and cell biology. This is understandable because I have started to read these chapters. My pathology is right on and a little above the borderline performance. Since the majority of step 1 questions are from pathology, I am little worried about my pathology performance and want to make a solid base starting from today.

Please advice how should I study in general, espcially pathology. As I asked above, which materials should I use. How long will it take for me to finish one of them (Goljan path or Kaplan path).

Thanks so much for your help.
I meant I have NOT started Biochemistry, genetics and histology and cell biology. Did not mean to confuse you all. Sorry.
Someone please. Thanks. I do need to budget my time. Thanks.
I think Kaplan is better than Goljan path because it is easier to understand and simpler. It will take only 1.5 weeks to complete. I just did a quick review of Goljan path and felt it will take forever to finish it. It also seems like too much detailed. One of my friends told Kaplan pathology will cover everything in the exam. So, if you only have time to finish one of them, I suggest that you should choose kaplan pathology. But other people's opinions are also important. This is only my thoughts about these two resources. GL!
if something is easier to understand it is easier to escape, it won't stick. I think the kaplan pathology is weakest pathology ever. It is just a shopping list nothing else. That is true goljan is volumous, but i think it is better to listen to it's audio and make your own notes, what he says in its audio is very HY, anyone should try it especially those guys like me that are weak on pathophysiology.
99maniac, you may be right. But this person has passed his/her step 2 and his/her pathology is not that bad. So, if he/she wants to save time, kaplan pathology shopping list might be good for him/her. However, if he/she feels pathology is one of his/her weaknesses, then he/she should go for Goljan path. Does this sound OK? GL
you r absolutely right, his/her choice. but Kaplan path book and video neither worked for me nor for my friends, everybody is complaining of it,
thank you two. Now i have decided that i need to read both of them. I will read Goljan in detail but read kaplan as outline. In this way, I am going to be in very good shape. Do you think this is a good plan?

Thank you.
I think you should read kaplan pathology. Goljan pathology is a waste of time. It is not just long but also hard to understand. At least this is my case. I studied Goljan pathology and failed last year. Now I am using kaplan pathology and feel much better.
rememer that there is no short cut for patho,u have to do goljan PERIOD.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »