Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is FA - klmklm
what is FA that mentioned many times as a source of studying for step 2
First Aid to USMLE
hi,
usmle step2ck first aid. It is a concise form of kaplan notes with a few new points thrown in.....good material to review just before the exam. Not a good source to be relied upon if u r not reading any other material. Am I right guys????
chill
Mostly I agree with you Simonsez, but I really don™t like FA 4 s-2 coz it™s too superficial & at least 50% of it is identical with the FA 4 s-1.

You can even use the FA 4 s-3 (for step three) as a quick review in the last days b4 the s-2ck exam. Actually the latter one looks to me more attractive coz it™s more clinically orientated & has more pics, although it™s still pretty basic source. It™s also divided by subjects (IM, OB/GYN, etc).

Just to compare its level with other sources. You can go through the FA 4 s-2ck or FA 4 s-3 in a couple days, but you need couple weeks (2-3 or more) to go through the Kaplan or Blueprints. Obviously you can™t expect too much there. But if you have a pretty decent knowledge form the med school & are willing to take more notes from some q bank than maybe it will work 4 you too.

Wish you all the best!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »