Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS coaching via skype - dr_puma
For more details visit www.drpuma.net
or
talk to me directly on skype,my id is:- dr_puma_cs_coach
Please ignore any Flase Spams about my coaching,Talk to me directly on skype.
Please ignore any False Spams about my coaching,Talk to me directly on skype.
I passed this exam in my second attempt. I know how traumatic this can be .I now coach all who need help to pass this exam. I don't promise miracles. I will just guide and nudge you and work on your specific issues/weakness be it English, be it data gathering or anything I feel is going to help u pass with confidence.

my creds:94/99/cs-2nd/91.

skype id: dr_puma_cs_coach

email:dr_puma
============================================================
Some Feature of my classes:

-Personalized attention to each students weakness
-Help with English language as need for CS,help with pronounciation,ideal phrases based on each students ability.
-Answer to any nagging doubts a student may have
-Tips on difficult patient/cases
-How to get 100% score on data gathering
-How to master the Patient note
-How to use the blue sheet
-Mental aspects of the exam
-A video session devoted exclusively to Physical Examination skills
-2 Mock Exam sessions-just like the real exam day.
How hard is 2CS?

CS is ''super easy for all who pass and difficult for those who fail ".Let me explain.

Compared to STEP 1 and STEP 2 CK exams, STEP 2 CS doesn™t sound so hard. I mean, all it is is acting like your a doctor right? Ironically, the STEP 2 CS is an easy exam to fail. In fact nearly 33% of US candidates fail the USMLE on their first try. Let™s take a look at the pass rates for 2008 as provided by USMLE.org.

87.5% of US and Canadian students passed the STEP 1 on their first try compared to only 75% of IMG students.
91.5 % of US and Canadian students pass the STEP 2 CK on their first try compared to only 81% of IMG students.
92% of US and Canadian Students pass the STEP 2 CS on their first try compared to only 72% of IMG students.

Numbers can't lie, STEP 2 CS is as hard as STEP 2 CK, 'especially for IMG' Students, and there is no way to know how many took a workshop. Looking at the numbers, it would seem that IMG students have a harder time with STEP 2 CS than US Students!

Why so many IMGs are failing the STEP 2 CS?

There are many specific things you must do to pass the STEP 2 CS. For e.g.:

You must act like you are performing a real exam, not just say the right words.

You must show empathy.

Stay calm and remember what to do, many candidates get nervous and forget important aspects. Due to gaps in knowledge about the format of this exam, what ECFMG Expects, and lack of practice the IMG's often have a hard time thinking of the next step during the exam..............this often leads to the student not fully registering the RESPONSES OF THE SP---->Result is that the data gathering and patient note suffers and is sub-standard. This explains the recent rise in number of IMG who pass in questioning skills and still fail in the data gathering and PN (.....myself being one such IMG during my first attempt.)

I say this because I believe knowing is the first step in winning the CS battle. I have devised simple plan/steps to assist you to stay calm in this exam. I am not a rocket scientist.....and I am sure many people who pass this exam have their own methods/secrets.....but unfortunately they are not here to share it with other IMG's due to the obvious reason that they r fighting with the next USMLE step,etc.*****

Also most US med schools have 2CS workshops for their students by people who are familiar with 2CS and /or have passed this test recently.IMG's don't getn this advantage.This I feel is a crucial factor.In fact I taught in one such workshop in a University Program.I always have loved teaching and I never let any opportunity to teach pass by.

I am trying in my own humble way to provide Guidance for any IMG who feels he/she need coaching that is not super expensive like K*****,c3** etc.
Most people pass with 14 days of practice. But the key is to follow the right format and do cases with right people. This is especially true for young grads....3rd/4th yr students.

For older grads who have clinical experience back home...this exam is a ''step down''.....you guys got to think and act like med students at level of 3/4th yr students. Don™t underestimate this.

Also the shyness factor. Unless you find a way to get rid of the feeling of shyness and awkwardness, it will be a bit challenging.

Doing lot of cases with people who have passed the exam and are good at teaching is a method I used to pass my CS on 2nd try.

Initially after my fail CS result....I cried and was in shock for 2 days. Then I checked out the ''big guns courses''---k***** etc......and honestly they were beyond my reach. I managed to find a mentor/coach on this forum. I want to do the same for few who are finding it harder than others or want quality inputs or are taking the exam again after failing.

===========================================================
My aim for doing these coaching sessions:

To be able to help many IMG as possible to clear CS, which I believe is a exam with a twist. I say T-W-I-S-t because it is so easy to pass if you prepare with the right people and it is so easy to fail also if you don't know the right approach. The KEY is to practice with people who have passed....but those who have passed often don't have the time or motivation to help those following in their footsteps....and they are not to blame as they have to take all the other USMLE steps and do well in them. As for me I have done all steps and am waiting to apply for the next match.

My story in brief:

I had done step1 and 2ck prior to 2cs.I had good scores [94/99] and lot of clinical experience in ER and Internal Medicine. Now the twist came into play, I foolishly gave the exam with 6-7 days of preparation and had done cases with people I met on the forums. I totally misjudged this exam and underestimated it. Lot of people who had worked under me in my hospital passed with 2 weeks prep and this gave me the illusion that it will be a cakewalk. It was anything but that the first time around.

After failing in my first attempt I was in a state of shock, but I managed to get out of the shock and prepared for almost 2 months....not because I was scared, but because I could not get an earlier date. In the process I joined a paid coaching session on skype and I benefited a lot from that. During these 2 months I did so many cases and read all available info/books on cs....it was almost like doing a thesis on CS.I had 14 partners all passed...most were giving the exam for the 2nd time. Many were from China, India, Peru, Nigeria and Iran and I am glad that I was able to help them with the language skills needed for this exam. And they helped me as well.

Why I failed:

I failed due to overconfidence and lack of proper practice with the right people(someone who has passed the exam).I now want that no IMG shall needlessly suffer due to these 2 reasons. I have decent English language skills and I failed the ICE -part....that is though my questioning skills were good, my data gathering and patient note were below par. This happened because all the time I was wound up with ''mnemonics''....which work for most but did not do the trick for me. I was also having a hard time thinking of the next Q to ask the SP and so did not register all they told me. Now in retrospect I feel that failing was the logical conclusion of my haphazard preparation. I say this not to scare u but to give u another viewpoint. I STILL MAINTAIN THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE BRILLIANT AND NEED ONLY 14 DAYS PREP TO ACE THIS EXAM (provided they have the right guidance)

After failing my cs I did an observership in a Internal Medicine private practice and that also taught me the US way of dr-pt interaction.Though I maintain it is not at all necessary to do observership to pass...but it surely helps. I will be able to use all my experience to help you pass with confidence.CS is a CONFIDENCE THING.

How this works:

I do sessions on skype, which starts with a lecture for few hours, then one of the candidate acts as doctor and I act as the patient, I give my inputs so that everyone in the group can listen and benefit. I try to do one to one practice but that may not always be feasible and the max no. of students in a class can be 4.I analyze the weakness and strengths and give tips accordingly. At the end of each session there is a Q session where u can ask your doubts.

All those interested in joining my sessions can leave their skype/email ID here or mail me at---dr_puma

{dr underscore puma}

My skype ID is: dr_puma_cs_coach

Be sure to mention your exam date and time zone.

I have noticed that people start rubbishing such post pretty soon, and that is the reason why so few IMG return to help after their CS.Especially be warned of a childish spammer who is blaming all CS coaches on this forum for his/her failure.

Talk to me directly on skype.
===========================================================
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »