Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chance for residency... - pricsck
hey guys... i am a caribbean medical student... doing my rotations right now... i am applying for residency this year...

i failed step 1... and passed it on second attempt... 86...

i haven't taken ck yet... and hope to take it by mid september...

do you think i have a chance to get a residency in peds or family???

i mean... would the programs open my file on september 1st... and see i haven't done ck... and failed step 1... and take my application out???

please let me know... really worried...

thanks...
yes they will open it...keep on working hard..

god bless u
hellow pricksck

do you have CS results? if you do, you are taking the CK soon, sure..You have to keep going..

when are your rotations ending? when are you gonna be ECFMG certified? Lack of ECFMG certification limits your choices so consider that.

If it is not going to be hectic, keep going...but it is personal choice as always.

yes, the programs will open your files but they may close as fast as they open too;just be prepared if you dont have CK, ecfmg certificate...

best.

thanks ckprep2k10 for your encouragement...

thanks pahology for your reply... i took CS july 6th... waiting for my results... i hope i passed...

my rotations will probably end in february...

i really don't know what to do... please advice...

thanks...
Here is my advice for you: do not take CK untill you are absolutely sure of having over 90% by any predictors you can think of (NBME form 2, UWSA, Kaplan diagnostic, etc). and, instead of going through the match, start preparing for the scramble.

By that (Scramble) time you will have good CK score (may even be done with Step 3!!!), good LOR from your rotation, etc... and your chances will be much greater. If you apply this fall, you will just waste your money because you will be late (interview schedules will be already assembled) and not as competitive (you will be competinig for the interview spot with people with only 1 attempt) as during scramble. Scramble is different from the match - PDs are stressed out and therefore screen for the score but may give the spot simply to whoever comes first...

You will need to purchase a token though...

GL on CK.
E.
thanks erg... g'lk to you too...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »