Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clinical rotations - usmlep
are the clinical rotations during the intership important in the CV?
Where to write them?
usmlep,

Do you mean internship as in many countries where you are required to work in various Dept. prior to graduation? I feel you should mention in the experience tab in the CAF. However, many feel that as it is part of graduation, you should not mention it. Hope someone else can give their opinions too.
On the other hand, if you are talking about clinical rotations which start in 2nd year, you definitely should not mention that as it is there on the transcript.
Hope that helps.
residency_match thanks

what if an internship is not part of graduation in your country?
residency_match,

are you saying that we should not mention our third and fourth year clinical rotations as "experience" in our CAF?

Thank you in advance.
pahology,
I think as those rotations are part of the curriculum to get the degree, you should not mention it as it is the minimum requirement for everyone. The only reason I feel one should add 'internship', though it is part of the curriculum, is that a similar concept of working before graduation does not exist here.
Of course, people have conflicting thoughts regarding inclusion of internship ( which is a requisite to graduate from medical school). The sample version of the CAF floated on the net includes this.

suicidalidea,
I do not understand what you mean by internship after graduation. Do you mean you did 1 year of residency anywhere? Anyways, if it is after graduation then there is absolutely no doubt that you should mention it.
Best of luck people! Counting down to September 1st!

thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »