Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey pathology11...CAF help - vinnie_11gem
In one of the posts you have mentioned that by mistake you certified your CAF whhich was probably not complete. But then you again went online and edited it??
Can you please explain how can I re edit it.. Do I have to call the ERAS people??

I have too mistakenly submitted it and now I need to address few VISA issues??
Thanks
vinnie,

Yes, I mistakenly "certified" my CAF, but not "submitted" it. They are two different things.

yes you can edit your CAF after you certified it but You CAN NOT modify it after you submit it.

did you infact click on submit button?
I had called ERAS that time regarding this. they said it is very difficult to submit it by mistake becuase it warns you about three to four times if you are sure that you want to submit it. Did you get those warnings? if you did not you probably just certified it just like I did it...in that case you can modify your CAF. if you have doubts call to ERAS.

good luck,
Hey pathology,

Thanks for the update.
Yes i did submit it..
To tell frankly i realised it now that in the Current Visa column I have left it blank.
Also in Expected Visa column i have not put anything. I have only mentioned that I need Visa.
That is the whole issue which i didnt realise then. As there was no ASTRIX i thought it was not necessary.
I am worried that my application should not be affected..
Any help or updates appreciated..
Thanks
I am not familiar with the visa issue at all but while back ago there was a discussion on the forum reagrding the issue. What I understand is that all you ahve to say is that "you need visa".

others please elaborate on this since I dont want tog ive you wrong information. If thats the case, then you are good.

hope it is..best.
vinnie,

I think the Visa question is in the profile page. There is an asterik there. Anyways, irrespectively, you can edit the profile page whenever you want, even after submitting the CAF. So if you have not entered, enter and save. Not a problem.
Also, there is a glitch this season in ERAS. It gives you expected visa option only if you select no to the question' do you need visa'. But you have to answer 'yes'. It will not let you select the expected visa, but thats fine.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
residency-match.com
Thanks a lot pathology11 and residency_match..

Yes I have selected that I need a Visa.. Hope that should be good..
Also on the profile page I have said that I need a visa.. But I am not able to upload my current visa status which is B1.. During CAF i had left those 2 blank.. meaning
1) Current Visa status.
2) Visa expected...

Also is it ok if we dont include our Internship in work experience.. as i havent as was told by a friend.. But on the forum I think all say yes.. So that was one more glitch..

I think now nothing can be done & I have to leave it in the hands of God..
But guys thanks a lot for your assurance and prompt response..
Best of luck for Season 2011..

Regards
Thanks a lot pathology11 and residency_match..

Yes I have selected that I need a Visa.. Hope that should be good..
Also on the profile page I have said that I need a visa.. But I am not able to upload my current visa status which is B1.. During CAF i had left those 2 blank.. meaning
1) Current Visa status.
2) Visa expected...

Also is it ok if we dont include our Internship in work experience.. as i havent as was told by a friend.. But on the forum I think all say yes.. So that was one more glitch..

I think now nothing can be done & I have to leave it in the hands of God..
But guys thanks a lot for your assurance and prompt response..
Best of luck for Season 2011..

Regards
I went to ERAS and checked it.

As residency_match says the visa issue is on Profile page. Seems like you are good. You can modify the profile page even after you apply to the programs but better you do it now if you need to edit anything.

I DONT see anything regarding to visa on CAF at all. So nothing to worry I guess.
Thanks pathology..

Yes I saw it on the profile page.. Only thing when I enter Non Resident outside US the next part gets grayed.. Only when I come to US next month and enter in US then I can update my B1 status.
Or should I update that I am in US??
Thanks once again guys..

Also pathology regarding Internship its not compulsory to mention it seperately.. As the 5.5 years course is including internship..

I think I have bothered enough you ppl on silly mistakes which I did..
Thanks for taking out your time and helping..

Regards...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »