Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed CS, any advice to 2011 matching - malida86md
Hi, i am IMG, needs visa, with 2 months of observership with scores
step 1=239/99
2 ck=222/92

shall I apply for 2011 matching?Im planning to take my cs again this nov, cs result probably will be released on Dec 2nd week.

I want to apply in IM. not choosy about the hospital.
1.Any advice?shall i apply for 2011 or 2012?
2. any change of getting an interview without ecfmg certificate and with a failed CS?
3. If I decided to apply for 2011, shall i apply now or just wait for my cs result?

Thank you very much for your advices.
ur chances are very less for this match..by the time you r certified most of the programs will send out the IV calls.. moreover they will have the info regarding ur cs failure so its better to apply wit a complete profile for next year. I know how hard it is to accept but be realistic, no gain in applying to programs now only for satisfaction u can thats it nothing other than that.

dont take me in wrong sense..i wanna b frank
I would apply this year. Because If you get any interview, that will be your good experience. Dont wait for next year. We never know what will be in future.
Do not wait but be conservative apply to few programs and check ur luck, u never know. good luck
I would suggest you not to waste to much money for 2011 match. Since you need visa, you might try to finish step 3 after CS, so you will have better chance for 2012.
u apply program without cs and ecfmg like some program in illinoi
what is grad yr
Apply my coward......................and be brave.................show your courage..............be perseverant.

If they call for an interview and like you, they will be ready to wait for your CS result...........

It is like love ....................sometime it is blind......

They like you and they are ready to wait!!!!
So apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be a PHOENIX...................................rise from ashes!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »