Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interviews without ECFMG certification - jvs84
Hi friends,is der anybody in the previous years who got interviews and matched before step 2 ck and certification at the time of applying.I am planning to give CK on Sep 30th,is it worth applying?I'm sure there are many people in my situation.I think ur experiences would definitely help people like me..Thanks in advance
Last year I applied to ERAS during the last week of November.
Step 1 plus Step 2CK, took CS in first week of December.
Didn't get a single interview.
last year i had cs in on time... i took ck on sept. 30th = passed, no ecfmg,....applied to 90 programs.....got 1 iv
oh yeah btw, put my app out on sept 1st
chances are very slim especially if your results are going to be out after mid of october. Also depends what kind of programs u r applying to and what r ur other credentials especially visa status.

good luck.
jvs84,
Save money, Shore up your credentials, get US experience and apply next year.
Its my humble opinion please don't take it personally.

Would like to know others opinion.

Hi Residency_match,
thank u so much for ur advice,but before even seeing ur post I already applied.I m going to take it in a positive way,if I get matched this money is nothing..Nobody knows individual's luck.I did nt want to regret for not applying later on if anybody with similar credentials match,dats the only reason.I m applying only for 'neurology'.I already have one month of USCE(observership) in neurology and thats it.I m a grad of dec 2008.step 1-239/99,CS-pass with no attempts.These are my credentials,lets see my luck this year.
One more question.If I match into Preliminary wht are my chances of getting Advanced neuro next year?Is it going to be wise to take Preliminary or should I start from the scratch next year?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »