Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to quit IM, do path, how do i do it? - lcw

I am fed up with IM and I want to do path. I am PGY1 right now in an IM program.
Problem is I have no letters of rec or anyhing, actually never did a path rotation in school, and I have no idea how to get out of this and into that.
Anyone changed before and have any advice? Any idea would be great. I would really like to start next June, but I don't know how possible that is...
Help!!
Kyu yaar Sad
just apply in path.. BTW why you want this transition??
My scores are 211 and 230, CS pass first try. I am an American IMG.
I just don't like medicine anymore. Sort of felt like it was my only option, and I spent some time with path reviewing some of m patients biopsies, andliked it a lot.
Just want to be in a more exciting field, nd although some would not agree, this aint eciting.
How do I tell my program I am considering this...how do I apply for the match again with no letters of rec or anyting?
I just don't know how to logistically get this done. Even if I wait until end of ths intern year to get it all together, I still have to apply lke 2 months after it is over and still can't see myself having what the programs need to consider me...
Anyway, sort of a mess...

Scores are 210 and 230, CS first try pass, American IMG
Just not excited about I'm at all. Spent some time in path last few months and really like it.
Problem is I have zero of the things I need to apply with, u think it matters now that I have already been accepted into med, might they be more lnient since I am already in a program?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »