Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wish I could turn my score into 99s... - goodluckformatch
man this world is depressing
Start visiting Psychiatrist from now.....Prevention is better than cure..
what will going to happen with that

many 99ers are also struggling for ivs and many dont even have even single iv.................
If a 99er has no IVs then there is something seriously wrong with their App. STATING A FACT!
@OP,
Wouldn't have helped much, pal! Believe me on that one. I am a triple 99-er, applied to more than 100 programs and all I've got so far is two IVs from shi*ty community hospitals and just one from a big university hospital! I know i am not alone, and there is nothing wrong with my application except for the facts I can't change like old grad, need visa, no USCE etc!! I am becoming skeptical about the importance of scores!!
glipizide
so besides the scores what else in your opinion is the major contributor to getting interviews

cuz im lookin to take an extra year so that i can give my steps in a good timeline plus maybe get some observership and good US lors
do u think it worth the extra time or should i push on and give the steps 1 and 2 in 6 months and just apply
you can never change your past, that is why its called the past. however you can change what you do today to enjoy a better tomorrow !!! Enjoyyy
goodluckformatch your wish has been granted, you'll see your real score but to others it will be 99
im not a double 99er but i have 3 iv passed step 1 sec attempt 82 and passed cs. I have yet to take my CK soo dont sell yourselves short guys...double 99 doesnt guarantee anything just increases ur chances its all about your presentation starting w Apps then IV....GL everyone you all got this far u will make it!
i love the forum for this. one can always pour out his emotion/frustration (with anonymity) nobody knows who u are. it's cool and and i think it helps.
i'm still hanging on there, i won't allow myself to get frustrated.

@goodluckformatch: just hang on man. there is no use crying over spilled milk. pray! i believe in the power of prayers. get moral support from ur family and friends.

@glipizide: u r right! dis year has seen unprecedented number of 99s and now d PDs are looking beyond d scores: things like usce, year of graduation, LORs, gc/citizen, PS, and so on. i'm a double 99 (which i thank God for), awaiting step3 result. old grad, no usce, no us lor, no publication, need visa. i've only 1 IV and 1 rejection so far. dis yr is different from all other years.

@docsammd: u r only partially right. for most programs, scores is d number 1 filter then other factors but d truth is scores r not helping much old grad with no usce dis time ard.

@ksstep1: i'm happy for u but i'm sure u've got some other postives that r helping ur application that u didn't mention...ur yr of grad, usce, us lor, research/publication, gc/citizen. these r all equally important as scores.
@cuny: show some love.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »