Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To All IMG's... - pathopatho
pathopatho... I believe you.. it can be true, i m absolutely convinced of YOUR FAILURE.. Wink just like you are.. ... Wink

The fact that you passed the boards... or even got a MATCH does not mean your steps are covered in gold and your troubles over...

BUT (and this is a BIG BUT) you inflammatory almost TROLL-LIKE affirmation is just not true... THOUSANDS of IMG do and WILL DO match every year..

WE ARE 1/3 of the UNITED STATED MEDICAL FORCE... do never forget that... Wink plenty of space for all...

back to the books people!

DNFTT: DONT FEED THE TROOLS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

my creds..99/99/pass/93/2009 grad/1 month USCE with 1 US LOR (all exams passed in 1st attempt)... i am not joking but i have only 2 iv's so for ... i applied to 150 programs and none of the programs are such which are too much hostile to IMG's .. infact 110 of these are community or community +uni affiliation programs ..i applied on 1st sept and was ECFMG certified wen i applied.. i know i have ordinary USCE and was little late to give step 3, but i expected atleast 5 iv's by now with my creds ...mostly i wont have more IV's.. why there is a sudden drastic change this yr!? anyone has any answer. i am not depressed neither m telling ppl to stop pursuing USMLE but if anyone's answer can help so many ppl then its more than welcome..
maybe you need a visa
rise , rise nad rise untill little lambs become lions( my fave)
@ hjprmp, you should really count yourself lucky that you have 2 IVs so far. Your score prove enough that you are a good student/ test taker. But that is not all that is required to match successfully. Did you look at the various institutions/hospitals criteria before applying???
You have just one month USCE and just 1 US LOR - Most programs prefer at least 3 months USCE - cos they don't want you to look dazed and amazed on your first day at work.

The last thing they want is for you to look around at the equipments like you are in a sci-fi movie. Of course you can interpret lab results (as your score shows)

Also, programs need 3 US LOR - not one. 3 good ones preferrably from doctors in the specialty you are applying to.
Also, if you need visa, did you check the school criteria about visa before applying??? There are some programs that say they accept IMG but they have not accepted an IMG in the past 3 years. lol

On a good side, only one good IV is what you need to land a job, so goodluck
Plus 2 of my img folks needing visa, above 90 scores, no step 3 yet have accepted prematch in maryland and new york
hey subway, what is their grad year? thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »