Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM Univ Texas-Southwestern AUSTIN,Texas - shift
Imggrad- Standard protocol everywhere - you are on the waiting list and if someone cancels they call you. Every program has a backup candidate list. Whether we are on it or not-- nobody knows.
Also- a query-- Why is the Austin program popular with AMG's ? Considering that it has no fellowships??
Shift when is ur interview and do uhaventheardfrom g c?
Dec third week
@ imggrad

thanks for the info...
i hope im on the waiting list as u said... i have enuf ivs to comfort my insecurity but not enuf to confidently go into the match.

good luck to u tho...

hope v all match into good programs this yr
This is a good but small community program. The hospital is a county hospital and almost 90% of the patient population are homeless, indigent or uninsured. Hence the focus is more on developing good primary care physicans. The majority of the categorical residents in this program are IMG and the ratio of IMG to AMG is 80:20. They do offer a prelim year IM and this is usually popular among the AMGs since Austin is a great city to live in.

There are no fellowships though every year a 3 to 4 residents do match into fellowships at other programs. The majority of the graduates from this program go into primary care or become hospitalists.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »