Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnti Children's - slayer666
Hi everybody in the forum!!!!!!!

After my IV at Cinci, I received this kind email from the Chairman of Peds,

Dear ....:

We were honored to have you interview for our pediatric residency program at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. As we discussed, I believe this is the premier program at which to train in pediatrics in America because we have an outstanding faculty devoted to quality care and education and because of the interactive and collaborative nature of our residents and the entire institution. Another strength is the balance between general pediatric patients with relatively common disorders from our region and highly specialized children with rare and intriguing problems who come to us from around the US and world. Our strong relationships with regional community pediatricians also assure excellent teaching and coordinated patient care.

Should your interest in either nephrology or gastroenterology continue, as I mentioned, those Divisions have outstanding faculty and large clinical programs as well as clinical research and laboratory science strengths. Both are ranked in the top 5 nationally. GI has strengths in inflammatory bowel disease, intestinal failure and rehabilitation, biliary atresia and liver transplantation. Neprology has a new and exciting program in acute renal injury as well as a large dialysis and transplant program. Our 2010 Annual Report at http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/resea...efault.htm
provides links to all of our Divisional reports if you would like more details.

In reviewing your application, I was impressed by your academic record, your research experience with high altitude physiology, and your clinical studies in chronic renal disease. I am sure that your experiences as a ambulance and practicing pediatrician in .............. have helped hone your clinical skills and judgement.

Thank you for interviewing with us. We would love to have you join our CCHMC family and our residency program. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Peace,
Arnie

Arnold W. Strauss, MD
Rachford Professor and Chair of Pediatrics
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Director, Cincinnati Children's Research Foundation

Is it just a general kind email or should I believe that they really want me in their program?
Anybody received something similar?,

By the way, I am cancelling my interview in Corpus Christi if anybody is interested...
Any thoughts??? Somebody?
I got the same letter from chairman though.
I also got a phone call offering me a prematch! I am cancelling my Mayo interview, if somebody is interested!
I also received an email from PD saying that I have left a great impression there. I do not know if it is just a general kind email or should I believe that they really want me in their program.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »