Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed regarding denial at port of entry - optimisticimg

As an IMG from India i had applied for this year match and attended few IVs before leaving for India as I-94 was expiring.
Tried to reenter US after a month for remaining few IVs with those letters. one immigration(CBP) officer started questioning about the nature of my previous visits and sought explanations for it and I had to tell about observership and brought out a letter of recommendation for the same. In that letter there was a mention of having done "some physicals on patients under supervision" The officer caught up this point and denied re-entry(at Detroit) and asked me to sign for something called withdrawing of application for entry and had to leave back for next flight in spite of request for atleast allowing to complete my 2 remaining interviews. The officer told this is not the visa for clerkship, which I explained was not the same but he did not understand it. Infact i never touched the patient. Now I feel I am doomed without attending the remaining interviews as I did not have many in first place.

Has anyone experienced the same earlier?
What should be my plan of action? (As my multiple entry visa also stands cancelled). But the officer told I can reapply for visa.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »