Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 3 help - vinj
i am trying to apply for step 3 exam now but there seems to be a price difference and restriction in where i can take the exam. for example, I can't take in Michigan because I am currently not in residency!!. am i right? i actually thought that i will be able to take step 3 in any state like any other usmle exam.
please give me an input
i am so lost with the application
please anyone
You can take Step 3 anywhere in the US. That's what I know!
U CAN TAKE IT ANYWHERE, U CAN REGISTER FOR CT AND TAKE IT IN TEXAS
I wanted to take it in new york but one of the requirement says that 'If you did not graduate from an LCME-accredited or New York State registered medical school program, you may wish to apply for New York State licensure and receive confirmation that your educational preparation meets New York State requirements before applying to the Federation of State Medical Boards to take USMLE Step 3. Otherwise, if you apply to take USMLE Step 3 and are found ineligible you would only be able to receive a partial refund of the examination fee'. Who knows how long that will take. Also, if you look at michigan state. it says that you must be in residency. http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_requirementschart.html. check it out
I am so lost!!. I had to wait almost 5 months to get Ecfmg certified, now this. I really want to take my exam asap close to Canada so that will be either in New york or michigan
please help!!!
JUST PICK CT AS UR STATE AND TAKE THE TEST ANYWHERE TO INCLUDE MICH OR NEWYORK OR HAWAII, U CAN TAKE THE TEST ANYWHERE , JUST REGISTER FOR CT STATE
sami2004, sorry but do you mind telling me what's a ct?
thank you
Connecticut= CT

There is no restriction for taking step 3. all what u have to do register online and u must be ecfmg certified, that is all.
sigh sigh!!
thank you very much sami2004 and wayner. that will definitely make me a bit better
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »