Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam Experience - priya82
Hi guys!! New to this forum, but read it a lot prior to my exam. Took the exam this week...I felt that the MCQ's were a little vauge, but just as vauge as UW. I thought they were about the same difficuly level. Seconday was more of the same. The only problem was for me CCS!!! Thought this wud be the easier part, but messed up 3 of 9 cases, think the others were alright though. Wish me luck!!!!...
Hey priya82...Congrats on getting it over with! Best wishes for you and hope you get ur dream score! Please could you share ur prep time and technique? I am at the begining of this prep and so a little clumsy in setting up a proper guideline.Your help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Hi priya82. I wish you lots of luck on the scores! I am about to take it next week. Could you please share the CCSs that you got? It will be extremely helpful for me. Thanks a bunch.
Sadly im trying to remember the cases...lol.
1) croup
2) Bact. Meningitis
3) PUD
4) Essential HTN
5) IDA
6) 13 y/o boy in mva, mult fx
7) hemetemesis
8) not sure of this one, old man with fatigue, did all the workup, never got better!!
9) 23 y/o female with severe HA, did all the testsand treatments, not sure what I missed, pt eventually got worse!!!!!

what is IDA?
Thanks so much. Means cases are mostly within the scope of UWORLD. Do not worry. I hear that its the protocol that matters even if the patient did not get better or even got worse. I also hear that some patients may never improve in the exam even if everything was done per the algorithm. Though I may end up wanting to be composed in a similar way after my own exam. LOL.
best of luck, dont stress urself, u will be ok. Few questions

23 y/o female with severe headache, ? did she have hx of drug use?
even if no drugs, if ct negative and if she had the worst headache of her life, next step is LP to rule out subarachnoid hemorrhage ( refer: Dr.red CCS) . If fever or neck stiffness, r/o meningitis

Old man with fatigue, any anemia even if mild? was there colonoscopy? cancer work up negative?
Some one has to tell me what is IDA. I have tried all the idiopathics, ischemics, inflammatory...I cant make a word out of it. Smile Seriously my head is exploding now.

What the hell is IDA?
Its iron deficiency anemia LOL. Smile
intravenous drug abuser
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »