Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TF/P in Renal. - simran88
Guys, there is a page in FA with a chart about TF/P in renal section. I think my brain is melting looking at this. I understand the chart to a certain extent from kaplan. But the axis is confusing me.

Can someone please explain what this means in simple terms:

when TFP/P >1, TF/P = 1, when TFP/P
okay
Simple terms

i would like to think about it like this

metabolites gets filtered in the Tubule ....

Some are reabsorbed ....and some are further excereted

WATER Also gets reabsorbed ...(its big prt of the concept )

the Speed of the Metabolite and water gets Reabsorbed gives us the realtion

TP/P is a ratio

remember we r measuring Conc here ....not amount

u know that watert follows sodium ...so u see that its almost 1 ...coz Na and water are reabsorbed together ....so the conc doesnt change

in the case of inulin ....Gets freely filtered ..... ....so moving along the tubule ...inulin conc increases in the Tubule Beacuase Water is being reabsorbed from the tubule to the plasma further increasing the Conc . of inulin in the tubule

Because inulin not actually reabsorbed (nor secreted )...the line keeps going up due to water reabsortion is faster that inulin reasborption (which is not being reabsorbed )
Compare that to Cl-

Bicarbonates ....Gets Filtered ...moving along the tubule ...it gets reabsorbed into the plasma .., then water reabsorption happens ,
Water reabsorption should increase the Conc in the tubule of bicarbonates .... but the Bicarbonates has been already Reabsorbed from the Tubule ...there is nothin left to increase its conc.

thank you so much moemoe! It is finally in my head Smile Sometimes you just need some1 else to tell it to you and the world begins to make sense! lol thank you once again Smile you just saved me a headache
Np ....Smile

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »