Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@Adrianfadem - madrush
Nobody replied to my post so i am asking you.

We use UW mainly for learning concepts. UW is an not only a learning tool but also a TESTING tool.

Since all of us use UW, we need to have a estimation of our preparation from UW correct answer percentage.( i know online NBME is best, but let us bring UW in picture too)

They say that in first read, 67-70% correct answers means a preparation good enough for a score > 90

So what do you think ,During second read of UW, what should be the percentage of correct answers?

Thank you in advance.
ooohh thats a tricky one...

look personally and from what iv read (and iv done a LOT of that one)
the 'second read' is not something you can go by.... you get a higher score, yay it makes you feel better like "yeah! i remember stuff now more than i did 3 weeks ago...."

but since most people carefully remember only the ANSWERS its tricky... you might fool urself into thinking you're getting better but ur not...

my advice is, when u do a second read u havta get a much better score for sure.... but i wudnt throw a party for it if that high score is only coz i memorized the answers... id throw a small party and invite adrian to it if iv got a much better score coz i remembered the CONCEPTS behind those answers i previously got wrong......

so again use UWSA or an NMBE for true assessment coz once uv seen the questions on uw any second read isnt gonna be 100% legit.... but a better score the second time around is def a good sign... just be honest with yourself and back it up with more reading and uwsa/nbme after that....

Good luck!

Cheers!
Adrian
Thanks man.
I get what you are saying.
When is your exam?
dear mush,

thinkin may... you? Good luck!

Cheers!
Adrian
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »