Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
american grads - aleeab
I am tired of people saying that they want to practice medicine to help people, especially in this country. This like saying of how we like a ballonee sandwich…Yes, we have to like what we do ,but lets be honest with our self’s. If our former countries were so advance and they paid us well, we will NOT live our native home land for sure. I am sure Eurogirl will like to help here fellow Russion sor Ukrainians ,but they do not pay $45 per diem as a nurse there…Starting salary in U.S. as a nurse is $70 000 ,plus benefits, plus bonus…and my husband is a 3rd year resident making ONLY $55 000 Euro. So ,what Eurogirl was making in one year, I was making it with 1.5 % of a sale of Spiral CT scan, plus $1200 a day for as a healthcare reform consultant, so please let’s not talk about who make more money. I become a doctor like the Eurogirl in the communism to “help people” or like the people from India –due to parent’s pressure and prestige.Me,I like to make money ,but have a life style and in U.S. in order to make the money you have to be NOT only a good doctor and compassionate doctor, but you have to be a people person with a business mind.Still,all of those hard hours and all of those years are not actually worth of the whole money that we are going to make. The bottom line is we have to LIKE what we do. Otherwise, neither the money will be good, not the work..
So,it is ok according to euro girl to “criticize “ U.S.Doctors,but it is not ok for me to constructively criticize Eurogirl or maybe I was very much blunt .Now, as Europeans ,we are very blunt, but when someone is blunt with us ,we want people to behave like Americans and be more “politically correct” or more diplomatic…So when is convenient for us, we want to be Americans and when it is not, than we are against them..
Cio ,
Antonella

All the PD will laugh ar anyone who is going to say “Well, I am in medicine bc I want to help people “ They do not buy that “crap” anymore…
Darling EuroGirl,
Well projection is immature defense mechanism as you know and FYI I didn’t need to go that far.Since you are European ,but form the Former SSSR,I am sure you heard about Dayton Peace Accord and Bosnia Far, so please I know more about far than all of the fights that your husband did.BTW,how did you met your hubby,honey ???
Speaking of Oval office ,maybe you meet your hubby in a Oval style meeting???
So, we are in the same page about that. Nice chatting with you. It is amusing to me…
t you can’t have it always your way, honey-bunny!!
Have a good night….

Antonella
We all get into medicine for combination of reasons. No one will laugh if you tell them you are into medicine because you like to help people. After all money is the reward you get for doing just that.

If a dr makes same money as a nurse , would you have got into medicine or not ?

There is really no need to judge people on the reasons they get into medicine. Most people want to make money. Regardless, as long as your love for money is not affecting your ability as a dr , then what's the harm ?

I think people here are just tense.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »